CIS provides professional assistance to help an employee return to work quickly and safely.
- Help to maximize funding from the state Employer-at-Injury and Preferred Worker programs, plus additional CIS return-to-work grants.
- Coordination of workers’ comp with CIS employment liability and employee benefits programs, allowing restitution coordination, subrogation and global settlements.
- Pre-loss grants, including support for SB 111 compliance and ergonomic evaluations.
CIS’ Return-to-Work Program reduces both the time the employee is off the job and the cost to the city. What has made CIS’ program successful? Several factors:
- Early medical treatment - getting an employee help as soon as an issue is discovered, or soon after the injury, has been shown to help mitigate injuries and reduce time loss.
- Return-to-Work assistance - CIS actively works in collaboration with the employee and the city to find the best possible route to return to work. Most employees want to be as productive as possible, and so efforts include easing the transition with meaningful work.
- Proactive case management- CIS has a dedicated specialist who works one-on-one with the most serious cases, helping to assist both the employee and city with the best possible outcomes.
- Ergonomic evaluations - sometimes the best defense is a good offense. Ergonomic evaluations can pinpoint where accommodations might help eliminate a future claim.
- Job safety analysis – Training and support from CIS’ risk management team is another tool to help prevent future claims.
- Safety training – CIS provides free on-site and on-line safety and health courses, available through the CIS Learning Center.
- Coordination with CIS Benefits for covered workers (CIS24). CIS24’s seamless process helps ensure that the injured worker gets needed treatment, whether or not the claims is ultimately accepted under workers’ comp.
- CIS RTW Incentive - These CIS dollars supplement state return-to-work funding to assist with the cost of retraining, purchasing adaptive equipment, and more.
CIS helps members minimize the cost of workers’ compensation claims and maximizes funding.