Start Open Enrollment
As a member of CIS Benefits you join with other counties and cities to get the benefits of self-insurance, while freeing up financial reserves and staff for more pressing county/city needs. No more worrying about unexpected claims at budget time: you’ll know your ultimate liability, no matter what happens.
CIS Benefits offers a wide range of plan choices, including popular copay and traditional PPO plans, HSA-qualified high deductible plans, high deductible plans with an HRA or VEBA, and an HMO. There are plenty of dental, vision, life, and LTD options as well. CIS’ partners include Regence BCBS, Kaiser Permanente, ODS, VSP, Willamette Dental, and The Hartford. To minimize administrative costs, we don’t match existing plans, but if your entity is considering a plan change, you’re likely to find several plan choices that fit your employees’ needs and your budget.
CIS made the move to self-insured dental coverage in 2009, and to self-insured medical in 2010 to take advantage of CIS’ large size and healthy reserves, while stabilizing costs. CIS’ self-insured medical plan includes unlimited reinsurance through Regence BCBS that assures safety, even in a bad year.
In addition, CIS reduces the burden on shrinking HR staffs and budgets by providing these value-added services to all member employers, at no extra charge:
- COBRA and Retiree administration, billing and collection
- Employee Assistance Program
- An extensive health risk management program, including worksite wellness grants and support for worksite health fairs
- Online enrollment services with 24/7 access for you and your employees
- Support for GASB 75 actuarial services
- Online billing and payment services, including the option to pay directly from your Local Government Investment Pool or other bank account
- Administration of healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts.